The Bible claims to be an infallible revelation from God. The following quotations and statements support this.3
- “Now the Lord spoke to Moses saying” Exodus 14:1; Leviticus 4:1; Numbers 4:1; Deuteronomy 32:48.4
- God commanded Moses to write in book what he was instructed. (Exodus 17:14; 34:27)
- Moses obeyed. (Exodus 24:4; 34:28; Numbers 33:2; Deuteronomy 31:9,22,24)
- The prophets wrote4
- “For the Lord speaks” Isaiah 1:2.
- “The Lord said to Isaiah” Isaiah 7:3.
- “Thus says the Lord” Isaiah 43:1.
- “The word which came to Jeremiah from the Lord saying” Jeremiah 11:1.
- “The word of the Lord came to Hosea” Hosea 1:1.
- “The word of the Lord came to Joel” Joel 1:1.
- Paul claims God commanded his writings. (1 Corinthians 14:37)
- Paul claims salvation depends on faith in what he preached. (Galatians 1:8)
- Paul claims men should receive what he teaches as the word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13)
- Severe punishment comes to those who reject the message. (Hebrews 2:1-4)
- John’s testimony is God’s testimony. (1 John 5:10)
Scriptural examples1 of the Claims of the Scriptures
- “All scripture is given by inspiration of God…” 2 Timothy 3:16a.
- “…holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” 2 Peter 1:21b.
- “Write the things which you have seen and the things which are and the things which will take place after this.” Revelation 1:19.
- “For I testify to everyone who hears the words of this prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things God will add to him the plagues that are written in the book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city and from the things which are written in the book.” Revelation 22:18,19.