The Bible influences men’s morals and views of life. It has also been the inspiration for creations of the highest quality in art, architecture, literature and music. The Bible has also influenced fundamental laws of nations and social reform. The Bible is the source of faith for regeneration. Many individuals have been reborn because of the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ from the Bible.
Scriptural examples1 of the Argument from the Influence of the Bible
- “So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger and fed you with manna which you do not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.” Deuteronomy 8:3.
- “But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may do it.” Deuteronomy 30:14.
- “Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.” Psalm 119:11.
- “This is my comfort in my affliction, for Your word had given me life.” Psalm 119:50.
- “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” Psalm 119:105.
- “…Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature…And these signs will follow those who believe: in My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues…they will lay hands on the sick and they will recover.” Mark 16:15,17,18b.
- “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit and they are life.” John 6:63.
- “He who believes in Me as the Scriptures has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” John 7:38.
- “Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, ‘If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31,32.
- “Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he shall never see death.” John 8:51.
- “If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire and it shall be done for you.” John 15:7.
- “Sanctify them through Your truth. Your word is truth.” John 17:17.
- “Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.” Revelation 22:7.
- “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God…All things were made through Him and without Him nothing was made that was made.” John 1:1,31 “All things were created through Him and for Him.” Colossians 1:16b.