Justification means being brought into right standing before God. It is acquittal of wrongdoing and acceptance by God. To be justified is to be reckoned (considered) righteous. Persons become justified by receiving Jesus as Savior and Lord.
There are two elements of justification. They are
- Forgiving sin and removing guilt and punishment.
- Receiving Jesusí righteousness and being restore to Godís favor.
Forgiveness is the ending of Godís moral anger due to sin. The person forgiven is released from guilt. The punishment of eternal death is done away with.
Receiving Jesusí righteousness means the person forgiven obtains the rights of citizenship within the Kingdom of God and is declared righteous before God.
Christians are justified by
- The grace of God. (Romans 3:24)
- The blood of the Lamb. (Romans 3:25)
- Faith in Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:26)