The Second Coming of Jesus Christ is not the same as the Catching Away of the Church (the Rapture). At the Catching Away of the Church, Jesus' feet will not touch the earth. The saints will meet Him in the air. (1 Thessalonians 4:17) This is called His Appearing. (1 John 2:28)
The Catching Away of the Church will take place before the Great Tribulation. The Second Coming of Jesus Christ will take place after the Great Tribulation. (Matthew 24:29,30) There is a seven-year lapse between the Catching Away of the Church and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
The Church should look forward to Jesus' Appearing as its blessed hope.
- Jesus said He would come again. (John 14:3)
- The apostles faithfully proclaimed this truth. (1 Thessalonians 4:16; 1 John 2:28)
- When a believer dies, the saints should comfort one another with words concerning the Appearing. (1 Thessalonians 4:18)
- Apostle Paul admonished the saints to look for it. (Titus 2:13)
- Apostle John said saints should live so as not to be ashamed at the Appearing. (1 John 2:28)
- The saints should live with the Appearing in mind. (Matthew 24:44-46; Luke 21:34-36; 1 John 2:28; 3:3)