The following sins are offenses against the Holy Spirit by non-Christians
- Resisting Him. (Acts 7:51)
- Insulting Him. (Hebrews 10:29)
- Blaspheming Him. (Matthew 12:31,32)
Non-Christians resist the Holy Spirit when they withstand His efforts to influence them to accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
Non-Christians insult the Holy Spirit when they consider the work of Jesus a lie or consider Jesus' death ordinary.
Non-Christians blaspheme the Holy Spirit when they attribute his works to Satan.
The following sins are offenses against the Holy Spirit by Christians
- Grieving Him. (Ephesians 4:30; Isaiah 63:10)
- Lying to Him. (Acts 5:3,4; Joshua 7; 2 Kings 5:20-27)
- Quenching Him. (1 Thessalonians 5:19)
Christians grieve the Holy Spirit when they refuse to believe what He tells them. (Isaiah 63:10)
Christians quench the Holy Spirit when they refuse to let Him have His way in their lives.