Dr. Reve' M. Pete, Speaker
Let's Get Back to the Glory Audio
Dr. Pete addressed the topic Let's Get Back to the Glory, Sunday, July 26, 2015 at Words of Restoration Church of God in Christ in Albany, Georgia. The occasion was The Mother's Board Program. The Theme was: "Priceless Value of Praying Mothers!"
The following is a text outline of Dr. Pete's message. Foundational Scripture: 2 Chronicles 5:11-14
- Glory Filled the House of God (2 Chronicles 5:13-14)
- When the Old Testament (OT) saints praised God saying, .
- For He is good,
- For His mercy endures forever.
- The House was filled with the Glory of God!
- The Lord took over the service.
- The priests could not stand to minister.
- We need to get back to the place where the Glory of God fills the House during our worship services....
- ...Where the Holy Ghost completely takes over the worship service...
- ...And the Lord has His way among us.
- Be cause PROTECTION is in it.
- "Violence will disappear from your land; the desolation and destruction of war will end. Salvation will surround you like city walls, and praise will be on the lips of all who enter there.". Isaiah 60:18 New Living Translation
- Satan CANNOT come and take over the House of God when the Glory of God is present.
- An Experience at a Tent Revival
- I attended a Tent Revival as a little girl.
- An unsaved man also attended.
- The man seemed to think the revival was a hoax.
- The man sat on the front row under the tent.
- He sat on the front row supposedly to "see what he could see".
- Later the Power of God began to move in the service.
- The unsaved man moved from the front row and stood at the back of the tent where he could easily get out.
- When the Power of God is present in the midst of God's people, the unsaved will have to get saved or get out.
- An unregenerate man cannot stand the Glory of God.
- This is why the saints must get back to the glory...
- ...There is PROTECTION from VIOLENCE when the Glory of God is present!
- An unregenerate man cannot come in an take over the House when the Glory of God fills the House!
- The Unregenerate Man
- The word regenerate means "born again".
- "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit". Titus 3:5 New King James Version
- We are saved through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost.
- When we got born again the Holy Ghost recreated our spirit.
- That is why the Bible states "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away ; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
- Because we received a brand new spirit....
- The Holy Ghost recreates the human spirit - this is what it means to be born again.
- ....The recreation of the human spirit by The Holy Ghost is a renewal.
- That old sinful nature we inherited from Adam was replaced by a brand new nature.
- Old things are passed away. All things are become new.
- That PROCESS is called REGENERATION.
- The UNSAVED (not born again) or UNREGENERATE man still has that old nature he inherited from Adam.
- So did the OT saints.
- The Difference Between Old Testament and New Testament Saints
- Old Testament saints were NOT born again.
- New Testament saints ARE born again.
- Why the difference?
- Because during OT times, Jesus had not yet come and paid the price for sin.
- Although OT saints were saved in the sense that they did not go to Hell when they died (they went to Abraham's Bosom), they still could not go to Heaven because they were still UNREGENERATE.
- When Jesus paid the price for sin, He bought the rights to REGENERATION.
- Old Testament Saints Also Had to Be Careful How They Approached God.
- God gave Moses special instructions regarding how the Children of Israel were to come near Him.
- "And the Lord said to Moses, 'Go down and warn the people, lest they break through to gaze at the Lord, and many of them perish. Also let the priests who come near the Lord consecrate themselves, lest the Lord break out against them.'" Exodus 19:21-22 New King James Version
- God set a boundary and told Moses not to let the Children of Israel come any closer lest he break forth on them.
- Later on, the Childern of Israel sinned by creating a golden calf and worshipping it, and God said they were a stiff-necked people.
- "For the Lord said to Moses, 'Say to the Children of Israel, you are a stiff-necked people. I will come up into your midst in one moment and consume you..." EXodus 33:5 New King James Version
- The Bottom Line is that God and Sin DO NOT mix.
- That is why there is PROTECTION in the Glory of God.
- The UNREGENERATE cannot stand the Glory of God, especially if they want to do devilment!
- Even Moses, God's Friend, Had to Be Protected from God's Glory
- God protected Moses when He allowed Moses to see His glory.
- God told Moses to stand on the rock by Him, and He would put Moses in the cleft of the rock.
- God also said He would put His hand over Moses until He had passed by and Moses would see His back side.
- God said no man could see His face and live.
- New Testament Saints
- Not only can we New Testament saints have the Glory of God in the midst, they can also have the POWER of God dwelling on the inside of us.
- Because we have been born again.
- We no longer have that sinful nature we inherited from Adam, because our spirits have been recreated by The Holy Ghost (regeneration).
- Our recreated spirits can be dunked (baptized) in the Holy Ghost!
- That is why Jesus told His disciples to TARRY in the City of Jerusalem until they be endued with POWER from on High. (Luke 24:49)
- "But you shall receive power when the Holy Ghost has come uon you, and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." Acts 1:8 New King James Version
- That POWER is the ANOINTING of the Holy Ghost.
- Moses couldn't have that POWER dwelling on the inside of him because he was still UNREGENERATE.
- But we can have the ANOINTING of the Holy Ghost flowing out of our bellies - RIVERS OF LIVING WATERS.
- "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water." John 7:38 King James Version
- Therein lies the GLORY!
- That is Why the Church Mothers are Calling Us to Prayer so We Can Get Back to the Glory!
- We need the POWER of God dwelling on the inside of us so that the Glory of God can be manifested in our midst during our worship services.
- This church has a strong history of PRAYING MOTHERS!
- Mother Macey Dell had a reputation of being a strong woman of prayer.
- Mother Ruth Hill ran the 9 o'clock Prayer at the church 5 days a week.
- Mother Mittie C. Cochran eventually ran a 12 noon prayer meeting from her home.
- Church Mothers have...
- Prayed with unsaved individuals to get them saved.
- Prayed with born again believers who wanted to be baptized in the Holy Ghost.
- Held prayer meetings to help the saints get prayed up and stay prayed up.
- When the saints are Holy Ghost filled and prayed up...
- Then God can move in their midst.
- When the saints come to church, the Lord can instruct a saint to lay hand and pray for someone who is not feeling well. When the saint obeys the Lord, the Holy Ghost takes care of business (performs the healing/deliverance).
- When the Glory of God is in the House... (Isaiah 60)
- Saints' children who are not saved get saved.
- Financial blessing.
- God gives the Saints favor.
- Affliction ends.
- Healings take place.
- Saints' enemies will be at peace with them.
- Persons who were not nice to the Saints become nice to them.
- Violence ceases. (Isaiah 60:18)